Essiac Herbs - a cancer cure all herbalists should know about

Mackay

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I just attended a workshop regarding Essiac with Mali Klein, in Missoula, Montana. She is the caretaker of Rene Cassies' papers, notes and recordings and the ultimate authority on Essiac that is alive today. She has written a book on Essiac and explains why some people dont get such great results with some Essiac products.

In her book is detailed information on how to grow the 4 main herbs and how to use the formula. It is a must read for anyone who uses Essiac. I have written a more detailed article and placed it on my blog that explains more. My website is also starting to collect Essiac testimonials. I highly recommend that if you garden that you include this herbs for any rainy day that might come your way.
http://www.healthsalon.org/618/essiac-product-review-though-the-eyes-of-mali-klein/

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am a breast cancer survivor... I am not one to go in for "snake oil" type cures. But, let me tell you- when I had cancer I was scared and I wanted to do something proactive against the disease. I had some surgery, and I had 6 weeks of radiation- and I took my Essiac herbal tonic every morning. I do not know what cured me, but I know the herbs didn't hurt me- and I would recommend them to anyone going through treatments. I never thought about growing my own... something to think about for next season.

Mackay

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Good for you Lesa. Its always best to be proactive in what every modalities you use as it keeps your energy up. There are many many testimonials of Essiac curing cancer, even very severe stage 3 and 4 cases.

If you should decide to grow the ingredients I suggest that you contact htpp://renecaissetea.com for some seeds. They do provide seeds for the slippery elm but I recommend that you contact www.horizonherbs.com for they sell small slippery elm trees via mail. Still you wont be able to harvest bark for a long time but perhaps for someone else in the future. Meanwhile it is possible to purchase slipperly elm. Be sure to shop at a herb shop that provides organic and has a good overall reputation.

Did you feel that essiac possibly helped you to tolerate radiation treatment better? Some people report such effects when taking chemo and radiation.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
A close friend's Dad had lymphoma 20 or so years ago. I did not even know that it is curable. He has been drinking Essiac faithfully all of this time and has not had a recurrence. He is well into his 80's.

Mackay

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
seedcorn said:
What herbs are we to grow.
Sheep sorrell root
turkey rhubarb root
burdock root & seed
slippery elm inner bark - you can grow this one but it wont be ready for harvest for many years. You do this for the generations to come. Fortunately this herb easy to purchase.

All these plants can grow in zone 3 and beyond. Often they grow wild and are considered weeds. Almost all of us have seen burdock. This is a very powerful herb and the root and seeds should be used for best results. Although some essiac formulas only use the arial parts it is much more powerful to use the root.

please read the link I posted in the first post. That article will tell you everything you need to know to head you in the right direction.

Mackay

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
catjac1975 said:
A close friend's Dad had lymphoma 20 or so years ago. I did not even know that it is curable. He has been drinking Essiac faithfully all of this time and has not had a recurrence. He is well into his 80's.
Lymphoma's can be more curable that other types of cancer. The general treatment is chemo and or radiation. I wonder if your dad's friend had these treatments.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh yes . He had traditional medical treatment.I did not mead to imply the essiac cured. He has always felt it stopped a recurrence or another cancer.
Mackay said:
catjac1975 said:
Lymphoma's can be more curable that other types of cancer. The general treatment is chemo and or radiation. I wonder if your dad's friend had these treatments.

Mackay

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
this wiki link tells you abou turkey rhubarb. It has been used in Chinese herbal medicine for ages. Its suppose to be quite spectacular when fully grown and a root can weigh up to 30 pounds. Its medicinal quality only fully develops when the plant is 6 years old. Since only small amounts of turkey rhubarb are needed in the essiac formula one root can go a long way.

But always with roots in medicinal formula they are considered too old after 3 years of age so repeated planting is required to assure you have fresh product.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rheum_palmatum

Latest posts