Everyone's Fall Pics

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I think we should a do "Fall Pic" thread so everyone can post at least one picture of what fall looks like for them. Whether it's tumbleweeds rolling or a menagerie of gorgeous colors. Break out those camera's ya'll and show us what YOU see :)

This taken this morning looking out back while I was inside the goat pen.

IMG_2663.jpg

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Sadly two weeks ago we got hit with a freeze when everything was in its fullest, greenest state and it froze the leaves on everything.

I lost all my Fall Colors. I grow Virginia Creeper along my fence and up and over my chicken flight and I won't get to see a single scarlet leaf this year; it is nothing but crispy fried leaf.

So sad! I am getting a little color in my Hawthorne and my Bradford Pear. I certainly wish I could show you what a normal Fall looks like in my garden, but not this season.

Perhaps I will post pictures and let you all decide. I am so disappointed compared to most years.

Ron

....ok, you guys are going to think I am a complainer, because some of these are quite colorful. It is just I know that it is not the best I have seen before here in my garden. None-the-less, here are some Fall pictures.

Firstly, I always have loads of Fall Rose Hips!
23sxcly.jpg

28khk3r.jpg

15hc0fc.jpg

rmpwt4.jpg

Here are Bradford Pear and a Crab Pear (these should turn crimson red and so may still display nicely in a few weeks...especially the Crab Pear with the big fruit)
vzu137.jpg

2znr7ky.jpg

This is my Hawthorne Tree (this I take great Pride with because they are known to live for 400+ years; I often wonder if she will remember me!)
2q00ikg.jpg

Here is a tiny speck of Virginia Creeper that did not get hit by the freeze. Normally my gardens explode with color due to this vine!
1057jue.jpg

Here are my two Redbuds; the freeze caused some odd color variations.
flc2ds.jpg

bjdgd0.jpg

2007i2x.jpg

OK, that is it for now. You would cry if I showed how my Brugmansias look; and they had just started to bloom! So sad! Now it is back up into the 80s ....uggh!

beefy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
not really fall here yet...

i can maybe dig up some pics from last year...

last fall.
Picture362.jpg

several falls ago
Picture319.jpg

1215071538-1.jpg

Picture404-1.jpg

Picture375.jpg

cwhit590

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Broke Down Ranch - nice pic! It reminds me of an African savanna. :cool:

Ron- Great colors!!!

beefy - Love the calf. What's that seedpod? tis cool. And...is that a cotton field?!?

Like Ron, we had some early frosts here and our fall colors were a little off. The weather was really rainy and nasty while the leaves were changing...so I wasn't able to get any pics....and now the leaves are gone and it's just brown and blah. :rolleyes: So.... pics from last fall:

DSCN6378.jpg

DSCN6341.jpg

DSCN6533.jpg

DSCN6535.jpg

DSCN6571.jpg

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
such beautiful pictures

my fall pics

6185_img_4896.jpg

moonrise over the trees this past week

6185_img_4897.jpg

tacos made with a rich chile colorado and freshly harvested and dried porcini mushrooms
there are no words for how good wild mushroom tacos are :)

6185_img_4901.jpg

this morning just a few min ago

my house smells like herbs drying and enchilada sauce

kind of nice if you ask me :)

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Fall Tacos!!!! :ep

Now I really need those to grow here! LOL

That last picture HiD looks very ominous! Is there a cold front moving in? Or is this just your normal Fall morning sort of clouds?

Ron

PunkinPeep

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
OMG! It's amazing. Fall finally reached us! Now, suddenly, the leaves are falling like snow, and my Mockernut Hickory (Carya alba) turned completely yellow pretty much overnight. (Identified the hickory just this morning - another knowledge bit. :weee )

S6304340.JPG

S6304345.JPG

My Dogwood showing a little color and some lovely berries! :clap
S6304339.JPG

Sassafras turning a lovely red. :love
S6304346.JPG

And here is the view across the street (someone else's trees). It's funny though. The pretty yellows and reds you see are muscadine vines and green briar leaves. :lol:
S6304342.JPG

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
These are all wonderful pictures!

I keep looking at this thread and thinking, maybe I could take a picture of...... nope that is still green to!

If I want a picture of fall I will have to take a ride around.
Not much Fall color here.

Joe

Latest posts