Excellent study pots, No building, Great Prices!

MotherBrugger

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Good morning,
I just wanted to say to my gardening friends, that with the cost of things today, most of us are really on tight budgets. As some of you may already have read, my husband is building me an enclosed 'screenhouse.' In our climate, it's the only way to really know you'll have a successful crop without critters, and I don't want to use pesticides. (I already have one 12 x 16 enclosed, this fall he will attach 3 more, squared)
My point is, the screenhouse cost us about 300.00 to 350.00, roughly. I just didn't have extra cash laying around to now spring for proper raised bed containers.
So I had to get creative. I found that Walmart sells those giant 'laundry tubs' with the two rope handles, for 5.00 each here. Lol, the second I walked by them, I went into a frenzy! Here were my containers! I bought a bunch, and am glad I did.
Mind you, these are for my berry plants, some peppers I am going to try turning into trees, and two cherries I plan on dwarfing. They are probably not good for row plants, or things like tomatoes, just too big. But even if you want to place an ornamental tree out, and can't spring for the 30.00 and up they want for proper planters, this may be an alternative for you. :happy_flower

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's a cute idea MB, (actually those would not be too big for 'maters, if I'm picturing the same thing.) I usually grow my tomatoes in 20 gallon tree pots and the roots fill those up. Not pretty, but I have a lot from a big tree installation I did a few years ago. If you know any landscapers, a lot of them don't reuse the pots and they will give them to you.

Latest posts