Excuse me, I'd just like to brag a tiny bit...

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
That was a pretty big job to do by yourself, you deserve a pat on the back. Bucking hay is hard work even for young folk. I remember hauling hay in high school for .10 cents a bale, that was for loading in field and unloading in barn. I sure am glad I dont have to buck hay any more.

We never had bales ~ we had stacks ~ and hay rides ~ hang a lantern on the wagon and travel around ~ sisters and cousins and friends played on the hay stack in back of the Eucalyptus grove ~ everyone had to re stack the hay ~ in all the stack ~ they were tall ~ took a lot of gut to slide down one ~ till the stack got pulled down a bit ```

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
28387-d9d5c8ce4464021165240e68ee116cd8.jpg
what a great idea ~ that looks bullet proof ```

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
That was a pretty big job to do by yourself, you deserve a pat on the back. Bucking hay is hard work even for young folk. I remember hauling hay in high school for .10 cents a bale, that was for loading in field and unloading in barn. I sure am glad I dont have to buck hay any more.
$.10/bale? Dang, born too early. Started at $.25/hour. When I quit, 4 years later I was up to $1.25. Would have killed for $.10.....

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love the cattel panel arch. Glad that it exceeded your expectations in how much it can store.

Now I want a cattel panel but not for my hay :p but for somewhere in my garden. But alas, there is only so much I can put in this garden. :(

Mary

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
$.10/bale? Dang, born too early. Started at $.25/hour. When I quit, 4 years later I was up to $1.25. Would have killed for $.10.....

I can't believe how underpaid I am!
Dh will be pleased to find out he earned $6.80 from this batch and $7.20 from the first batch. He'll have to put it on my tab, after buying hay I'm broke!

Latest posts