Excuse me, I'd just like to brag a tiny bit...

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love the cattel panel arch. Glad that it exceeded your expectations in how much it can store.

Now I want a cattel panel but not for my hay :p but for somewhere in my garden. But alas, there is only so much I can put in this garden. :(

They don't take more than a smidge of room. It could arch over a walkway...
Mary

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Please, under paid? You have horses & all the do dads that go with horses, so not under paid. We in Ag thank you for your support by owning horses....expensive hay burners. Keep up the good work.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am not blessed to have a barn so I have always had to tarp it. Double stacked pallets under and double tarped over. I seldom lose any from mold but crawling under a tarp in rain and snow and wind is a huge pain. And the moose are able to stick their heads under and eat the alfalfa.
This year though we had a bunch of cattle panels left over from re-configuring pens and downsizing, so dh and I came up with this--
View attachment 28385
It's about 32' long. The cattle panels along the sides are horizontal, and the roof is the cattle panels arched up lengthwise and attached to the top quarter of the horizontal panels. It's about 10' or so at the peak. I will need to brace the roof with 2x4 props as I use the hay up because it won't hold a snow load. It will also have to have the snow raked off every snow event we get. But still a big improvement over a tarped stack.

View attachment 28386

View attachment 28387
We stacked 5 wide for 4 rows up, then 3 on top. You can see there's plenty of air space above the bales.
View attachment 28388

I was hoping to fit 5 tons in here for the winter, but it is actually holding 7 tons.
Real pleased with that.
Will that keep the MOOSE out?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Please, under paid? You have horses & all the do dads that go with horses, so not under paid. We in Ag thank you for your support by owning horses....expensive hay burners. Keep up the good work.

Well I am underpaid you old curmudgeon brother! Nobody pays me to own horses, duh!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
You are over paid if you can afford horses. See you are paid, just not in dollars. Kind of like Dad always said when you & lil brother whined about chores, you are paid when you wear his clothes, sleep under his roof and eat at his table.......

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
You are over paid if you can afford horses. See you are paid, just not in dollars. Kind of like Dad always said when you & lil brother whined about chores, you are paid when you wear his clothes, sleep under his roof and eat at his table.......

Give me a minute...I'm thinking of a snappy comeback...

Latest posts