Expecting snow zone 5 OH

ahbee01

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Should I cover my iris plants they are just starting to poke out of the ground!
Doesn't seem that anything else has yet! 2-4 for tonight through tomorrow!
I'm so done with the snow!
TIA
Brenda

setter4

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
We are expecting some flurries here too and I am not covering anything. If it gets really cold the tips of the iris may turn brown but they will be fine.

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Iris will not care. Neither will any other perennials starting to come up. Snow is not unusual this time of year and they 'know' it ;)

The only thing I'd cover would be newly-sprouted seeds of very early spinach/lettuce/etc, more so they don't get permanently mashed into the mud than anything else.

Have 'fun',

Pat, with about 3-4" of the wettest densest snow I've seen in my life on the ground right now, and more still coming. Boy are the horses ever Not Amused. And boy oh boy is it ever MUDDY out there :/

ahbee01

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Thanks, I won't worry then!
Brenda

lupinfarm

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Ughhh at the snow. i just planted a variety of berry bushes sunday and then my weather network page changed to show snow! i had to in a mad dash cover and mulch them all.

TillinWithMyPeeps

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
We are supposed to get cold/snowy weather here too, (in Ohio), I had some bush cherries and some small peach trees that were just starting to bud out, so I wrapped them in newspaper. It is supposed to warm up after tomorrow, so I will probably take it off then.

Latest posts