Expensive trip to Tractor Supply

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
:)

Do you need to change your current livestock to 4 ducks?

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Lol! Yes I do Marshall! I've just been so busy I haven't really had time to.

We found a puppy at walmart... couldn't have been more than a month old. No momma around, so we took her in. So now we have 4 dogs and 4 ducks. Tomorrow we already had an appt to take our 1 Grehound in to the vet, his lymph nodes are swollen up and if he turns his head and bumps something he yelps. It takes quite a bit of pain for a Greyhound to yelp. :( So.. we've got to spend smemore money on getting this tiny 5lb puppy some shots. I'll post a picture of her tomorrow. She's the cutest lil thing!

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Doc is just peachy! I took him to the vet today and he said that his lymph nodes are within normal range (jut big for me I guess... LOL) and that he thinks he might have hurt his neck. He put him on a week of antibiotics and pain killers just to be on the safe side, and he wants a week or rest. I'm not sure how much you guys know about Greyhounds, but they don't call them the 45mph couch potato for nothing! LOL I love it when I have to try and explain "lethargic" to a new vet tech. LOL Today saw a new tech and I walked in and she says "Italian Greyhound!" (which are usualy around 15 pounds) and I looked at him and I said "No, Greyhound." (Doc weighs 70 pounds) Don't get many Greyhounds around here.

And... this is Annie. Bug named her after our Music Director because "she's pretty just like her"

IMG_20120415_172909.jpg

On the way home (she has a cross on her butt!!)

IMG_20120415_184727.jpg

After a bath, some food, and a nice soft bed

2012-04-15220832.jpg

How could you NOT be in love with this face???

The Mama Chicken

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Oh no, not the puppy face! I'm powerless against it! Big, mean Mama Chicken turns into a goo when confronted with the puppy face! Lol, she's adorable.

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My husband is pretty much powerless against baby animals and Bugs tears. :lol:

I'm PRETTY sure she's a beagle mix... at least judging by her ears...... and her howling at 2:30 this morning. :/

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
She is so cute! Hugs to you for rescuing her!! Glad you greyhound is well! It always makes me laugh, when the vet says "keep him calm". Really, how do you keep a lab puppy calm??

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Really, how do you keep a lab puppy calm??
Peanut butter on a tongue depressor. Hold it out in front of them and they'll be more than happy to lick and lick and lick while the vet looks them over. Trick I learned from my wife when she was working at the vet clinic (while in H.S.) Works on big dogs too pretty well too.

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
With Greyhound it's usually pretty easy. They don't do a whole lot anyways. He's getting ready to turn 5. He's feeling pretty good right now with his pain meds. I tried to get him to go to the bedroom and lay down, but he stretched his neck out on the couch and gave me a look like "HA! I see 3 of you!"