Experimental gardening category?

bid

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I think this would be an excellent new category! I know I have learned a lot from this site and a great deal of it is from threads I have never posted in. Sometimes the best advice you can get is from what didn't work as opposed to what did.

So, if you would like to see a new category, I think Nifty has been quite clear. Show Me! and maybe we will create a new category. So post your thoughts folks. If you want it you got to say so!

I am experimenting with making Terra Preta. An old form of soil improvement, but new to me. One of the main advantages that I foresee is the retention of nutrients rather than rapid leaching of nutrients. It will take a few years to make enough or to see results, but the garden grows slowly sometimes. :)

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
wifezilla said:
Hey there Nifty. Would it be possible to get a category for garden experiments? A lot of us are using our gardens as little laboratories and it would be cool to have an area for ongoing experiments and results.
Like Frankenstein without the gore. Sounds awesome.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I vote for it. I'm ALWAYS trying something new. This 2012 season I'm growing 3 containers of potatoes in my basement window, I have an indoor Habenera pepper plant that flowered and has tiny peppers growing--WHO KNEW?!?!? (I'll take some pics of this--just discovered them this morning!!)
I've tried starting tomatoes in just coffee grounds.
We are ALL trying new stuff here, and sharing the results. :D

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lots of gardeners experiment all the time. How much of an experiment does not much matter, but we do.

Things such as growing a plant not quite suggested for your zone or climate.

Latest posts