Eye problem

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think I remember someone here mentioned that they had a strange sounding eye problem. Well, I've got a new-to-me diagnosis for my newest (not causing a problem but I checked it out anyway) ailment

It is called Penguin Cola. I have a Penquin Cola in my eye. Pronounced pen- QUIN'-cola, it is right up there with "Wilson's Portrait" on my list of funnier to say-than-have disorders I've experienced. SIGH!

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
When my sort of uneducated aunt told me the doctor was treating her bad knee with rooster comb, I was sure she was mispronouncing some new wonder drug, but, sure enough, it is rooster comb. :/

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
A pinguecula is a yellowish patch or bump on the conjunctiva, near the cornea. It most often appears on the side of the eye closest to the nose. It is a change in the normal tissue that results in a deposit of protein, fat and/or calcium. It is similar to a callus on the skin.

That took some searching.

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Huh. I think my dog has the penguin cola thing, thanks for looking it up Ridgerunner!

And...so lucky i JUST SAW the rooster comb drug at the hospital the other day. Weird huh.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Penguin Cola is the new sparklingly refreshing brand of soda pop made down in Antarctica.

I can hardly wait to try some! Supposed to really cool a person off on a hot day. I hear tell it tastes like Pepsi but with a sparkly minty flavor.

=====

Blooperitis happens from watching too many blooper videos on youtube.

=====

PUK is really a misspelling of PLUCK. I think the term happened because of one of those texting abbreviations.

=====

Hang in there Smart. I know how eyes can hurt. Just have to have a sense of humore about some things. I love the names they have for eye problems!

CONJUNCTIVITIS??? That's a special federal hiway junction for cons and former cons. They are all marked with a large pile of gravel that was manually made.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
marshallsmyth said:
Penguin Cola is the new sparklingly refreshing brand of soda pop made down in Antarctica.

I can hardly wait to try some! Supposed to really cool a person off on a hot day. I hear tell it tastes like Pepsi but with a sparkly minty flavor.
SNORT! SPEW! My sweet tea just landed on my laptop! :lol:

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh! I have that too! The opthamologist said it wasn't anything to worry about though. He said they're very common in people who spend
a lot of time outdoors. :cool:

Latest posts