Fairy Gardens - Photos too please!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh What Fun! I have been wanting to make on for myself fo many years. I think it is time. :)

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
disclaimer: copied off facebook - no idea how (or if) it will actually work

How To Make Fairies In A Jar
8721_485311_10151491233460266_147532286_n.jpg

This is something everyone will love! Just imagine the look on your childs face when they see this.

FAIRIES IN A JAR DIRECTIONS...:
1. Cut a glow stick and shake the contents into a jar.
2. Add diamond glitter
3. Seal the top
4. Shake hard

This is something they will never forget so its worth a little work on this one.

... could be that the part they'll never forget is you shaking the bejezers out of the 'fairy' to get all that fairy dust sparkeling..... :rolleyes:

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
:barnie

YOU FOLKS ARE KILLING ME!!!! :he

I need something else to do like I need a hole in the head!!! Dang it but wow what a great idea!!!! My daughter would just burst if we did this for her. Let alone as soon as any evidence of activity happened. Especially with the new baby coming in late June/early July she'd flip over it.

Off to go Google fairy gardens. I'm really not grumpy V....thank you for sharing. We'll get this going for sure.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thanks for that link Jared! I'm going nuts with little ideas. :)

I did add the fencing and a little pitch fork to her garden. She's so excited about this thing everyday. Morning, afternoon and night she checks for signs of fairies. Just to see her face and listen to her talk about just makes my heart swell. I miss being that age with all the fantasy. I'm thinking we should already do a second one, I have a few small pots we can use just for fun. I just can't believe how simple they are, and what a huge impact they make with so little effort, and a little imagination.

Anyone else go out and start one yet?

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
A regular miniature forest of bonsai trees, little mushrooms growing among them, miniature paths among them...

just thought of that

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I know I was just looking at all the little objects to put in there. I saw a rake, shovel, watering can combination and thought those would be easy and fun to move around like they were maintaining the garden. I'm still building my plant list.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We're planning on swinging by the thrift shop to see if we can find any miniature things we can use. Like doll house stuff. Hubby has the best ideas! I would love to find something to be a table and add a tea set. :)