Family Restaurant

meadow

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Life is too short, and we have no room for any toxic person to exist.
I was just telling someone recently:

My life is meant to be more than just trouble-shooting toxic people, and "I'm not on this earth to be a relief valve for someone else's emotions."

Yes, life is too short. I'm so grateful that my immediate family does not carry the traits of my family of origin. Tranquility, consideration for others and a caring heart/spirit are treasures. Endless drama and chaos not so much! 😅

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
As our table and chairs are foldable, we can easily move them and have dinner wherever we want. Today, we have our dinner under trees.

Eggs and vegetables are directly from the garden, very fresh. Chicken meat marinated with Korean BBQ sauce, fruits, and chilled honey lemon drink - we enjoy such an outdoor dinner very much.
1428.jpg

A portable butane gas cooker can do a lot of things.
1429.jpg

1430.jpg

1431.jpg

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Scrambled eggs (his favorite), meatballs cooked with potatoes and zucchini, seasoned with turmeric powder and salt only.
He loved everything and cleaned up quickly.
1897.jpg

Last week, my FIL started going to the daycare center(twice a week) and participated in some social activities. They offer group activities like singing, painting, table games, etc.; he can join or read or take a rest when he wants. The daycare center works with a hospital nearby, so the lunch and teatime snacks are from the same catering service provider.

It looks like he goes to a kindergarten. I was somehow proud of him for his courage to go on the shuttle bus. After all, he lived alone for quite a while, lacking social activities.
1692.jpg

Besides the group activities, a volunteer from the local church also comes here twice a week. Every time, the volunteer stayed with him for two hours, going for a walk, reading something together, chatting, etc.

1869.jpg

I was so happy to see them chatting in the garden. My efforts in cleaning this place are worthy.

My FIL kept telling me that he had known his "new" friend for a long time when they were in the army. Well, not bad. After the meals and living environment were re-organized, he is ready for more social contacts and meets new people. It's never too late.

The volunteer is relatively young, maybe in his early 30; however, they got along with each other very well.
1830.jpg

Just like I need various tools to clean up the garden, my FIL needs also different good elements for a quality life. Food is just a starting point, and we are learning with him.

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Scrambled eggs (his favorite), meatballs cooked with potatoes and zucchini, seasoned with turmeric powder and salt only.
He loved everything and cleaned up quickly.
View attachment 48936

Last week, my FIL started going to the daycare center(twice a week) and participated in some social activities. They offer group activities like singing, painting, table games, etc.; he can join or read or take a rest when he wants. The daycare center works with a hospital nearby, so the lunch and teatime snacks are from the same catering service provider.

It looks like he goes to a kindergarten. I was somehow proud of him for his courage to go on the shuttle bus. After all, he lived alone for quite a while, lacking social activities.
View attachment 48938

Besides the group activities, a volunteer from the local church also comes here twice a week. Every time, the volunteer stayed with him for two hours, going for a walk, reading something together, chatting, etc.

View attachment 48939

I was so happy to see them chatting in the garden. My efforts in cleaning this place are worthy.

My FIL kept telling me that he had known his "new" friend for a long time when they were in the army. Well, not bad. After the meals and living environment were re-organized, he is ready for more social contacts and meets new people. It's never too late.

The volunteer is relatively young, maybe in his early 30; however, they got along with each other very well.
View attachment 48940

Just like I need various tools to clean up the garden, my FIL needs also different good elements for a quality life. Food is just a starting point, and we are learning with him.
What a great ministry that church provides. I will have to bring this idea to my pastors attention. Thank you for sharing.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Saturday dinner, again we ate in the garden.
2038.jpg

We keep doing our grocery on Friday and Saturday evenings at Lidl, and as usual, we can always get many good ingredients at half price. These two days, we got 50% off sausages, chicken breast, minced meat (beef), and fish filets - the freezer is again full.

We also got 50% off strawberries this evening. As these local varieties have no chance to survive the coming Sunday, the best policy Lidl can do is always sell everything before they close on Saturday. So, fresh and juicy local strawberries, 500g for 1 Euro.
2039.jpg

When DH was setting the table, I picked some fresh vegetables, put them on the insect protection net, and washed them. The water directly went to the raised bed, no waste.
2036.jpg

There is nothing fresher than these vegetables - immediately sent to the dining table.
2035.jpg

2034.jpg

2033.jpg

No matter what, don't forget to prepare a nice meal for yourself.

Latest posts