Farmer Veteran Coalition

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I found a really wonderful website that deals with teaching our veterans to be farmers.

http://www.farmvetco.org/

There are many links packed with information that a lot of us would find useful as well. I hope that ya'll will bookmark FVC as one of your favorites, to refer back to, read and learn more about.

There may be someone here that needs to hire help or can offer an internship. Who better to hire than one of our veterans? Who better to sponsor than one of our veterans?

There may be veterans here on TEG that can benefit from the links, information and support from FVC. Go check it out and I hope this helps you in reaching your dreams and goals.

I am still clicking on links and reading, but wanted to share this with ya'll.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dad had an interesting time in the Army in WWII. He trained to be a tail gunner on a bomber. Just before he shipped overseas they held him back so he could train other tail gunners. He was OK with that. Then when the war was over and people were mustering out, they put him to work training returning GI’s how to farm. He didn’t mind the teaching part but darn it, he wanted out too.