Fast Food and The Environment

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I wanted to share this with anyone interested. I already don't eat fast food, and neither do my daughter or husband. Occasionally, like 2-3 times yearly, we'll go to a restaurant. However, I am concerned by the amount of fast food a person consumes. 7 days a week is unbelievable to me, yet I have a fruit who does it 5 times a week and if you factor in her whole family the eat it at least 2-3 times a week together and then the rest is separate when they are working. The $$$ the spend, the damage to their health and now the environment makes me think this country really stopped caring so long ago its going to be hard to bring things back in balance.

http://www.fastfoodfree.org/Environment/Environment.htm

pharmerphil

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
The wife and I never eat fast food...It probably would make Us deathly Ill...we only eat our home raised foods, and others from local sources, some within 10 miles of Us.
There is no doubt that eating healthy and staying away from fast foods/processed foods has made a diffrence in My health...compared to my YOUNGER Brother, who, would rather have a big mac, than a tomato sammie...
He's 5 years younger than I, He is balding, what is still there is grey, over weight, type 2 diabetes....
EAT/GARDEN/LIVE ORGANIC:cool:

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have seen that article- it is a good one! We never eat fast food. In fact, I have to admit I don't enjoy going out to dinner at a "real" restaurant. Growing your own food and cooking fresh, delicious food at home, really can't be beat!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I totally agree!

Funny about your brother... my sister was always the cute little blonde in a sz 0, while I was always over weight and the lesser of the 2 in looks (so my mother would say).

In the last 6 years I had gained some weight, but she has got from 105 to 161 I went from 150 to 180 and now I'm 168... my own mother almost fainted!!!

I don't eat fast food anymore... and she eats out with her boys about 5 days a week. McD's being at least 4 of them!

physically, mentally and spiritually... I feel good growing and cooking my own. :D

Latest posts