Favorite Garden Decorations

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I was out running an errand at lunch time and drove past this house. I thought that these were so creative I had to drive back by and take a picture to share with all of you.

8199_hair_pots.jpg

So that got me to thinking...What are some of your favorite garden decorations. I am reminded of lesa's cute antique bike in one of her garden pictures. I don't really have any decorations, but maybe I will be inspired by all of you!

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love those "pot people"! I have never seen one with hair! I can never grow lobilia, and I just love the color!

HotPepperQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My first favorite garden decoration would have to be my ceramic mushrooms. They add a lot of color to my garden in the spring when nothing is blooming. My next favorite would have to be my royal blue gazing ball. It is a color that doesn't occur naturally in my garden so it is definitely a focal point. I love adding color any way I can!

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hotpepperqueen- how funny! I have red and green ceramic mushrooms- and my most favorite thing in the garden are my cobalt blue ceramic balls- they aren't reflective but I love that color!! I have one large and one small...

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
You should really post pictures of these decorations. Me, who dares to ask for pictures when I don't even know how to post them!:hide

Mary

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I agree ninnymary! I would love to see the handmade bird house, the mushrooms, the gazing balls. All of these things help make our own individual gardens and inspire others!

lesa, I had never seen these pot people with hair either. That is what got my attention. They had one on each side of their driveway like little guards. I just imagined all the different ones you could make with different things used for the hair to create the personalities of each one! Maybe something for next years farmers market for me.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I never thought I had so many until I stopped to decide which was my favorite! The plywood Moose my FIL made for me. The shovel bird my youngest made for me from a shovel head and some nuts, bolts and a spring. The large metal dragonfly with green marble eyes, A concrete leaf birdbath I made! or the many handmade birdhouses. :)

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Carol...those all sound like such fun things! No wonder you can't choose. The fact that they are all made from love is an extra bonus!

Latest posts