Feedback On This Truck

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think @majorcatfish will be very helpful for advice on this. Sure seems like a good price to me. The new transmission alone would be at least 3k.
But the real clincher is the flashing orange light on the cab. I think you should buy it for that! Haha.

One problem I see is going in halves with somebody else, no matter who it is.
It will need repairs eventually, and somebody might park it on a hill and forget that the e-brake doesn't work, or some other semi catastrophe might happen. What do you do then? Split the repairs, or the person responsible for the damage pays, and what if that person can't afford their share of ongoing expenses, tires, insurance etc.?

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
He has come a long way, good news is he has been working at a garage doing there towing for over a year. He gets a big discount on repair work. I am sure I will be doing most of the paying. Truck and insurance will be in his name, this way anything happens, no one will go after me. It has been a long slow struggle with some big set backs, but my nephew has gone from not holding a job for longer then 2 weeks. To working 2 jobs at same time both over a year. I learned with old truck look for rusted frame.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
nice truck... even tho it's a 7.3L it's lacking the get up go as a turbo 7.3, on a good note it's a manual tranny that will help.... and the nice thing being a manual tranny you can leave the keys in it with the windows down....nobody knows how to drive a stick anymore.. :lol:

it would be a perfect truck for you,

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Nyboy You need this truck why? You did notice hood up, tools in view? Tires will need to be replaced. This truck may pass anything but a gas station. And you are going to use it for what? And you are going to pay 1/2 the bill while your nephew drives it? Same nephew who naps while working for you? Get him a Yugo...

Put your head about 1" from top of a table. Now hit table with your head.......

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Halves? Aw HELL NO!! It's either all mine or it's not mine. Maybe you pay half, title in your name and he pays you back, then gets title. But half ownership?? Nope.

Latest posts