Feedback On This Truck

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Seedcorn, bay, I believe @Nyboy is wanting to put the truck into nephew's name. "Truck and insurance will be in his name, this way anything happens, no one will go after me."
It sounds as if Nyboy appreciates what nephew has been doing to show he's changed.
It sounds as if Nyboy wants to help nephew (once again) to keep those positive changes going.
It sounds as if Nyboy has been stung before and wants his hands washed of liability in case Nephew back-slides.

Nyboy, be aware that once the truck is in nephew's name he may forget one reason it was purchased was to help you out, but then again, if you're paying for his services the truck may make things easier for you both.

Also, be aware that once you purchase the truck for him, you will most likely be responsible for everything but gas on the truck for the lifetime of his ownership. To him it will always be "our truck" when work or parts are needed and "his truck" when the two of you differ on when it should be used.

Good luck!

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Red is right the truck he using now mechanic at his job went over. On a long list of things wrong he wrote UNSAFE to drive. Who would want a family member to drive a unsafe truck. He has come a long way, the truck he has now I bought and he worked off.He did fully work it off, he s tring very hard to do good. Seed I was hoping hood up to show how nice engine was. I am going to make sale pending (if still for sale) mechanic's approval.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Why does he need a truck. A car is much more economical.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay reason I don't want in my name is, I have to much to lose if some thing happens and there is a lawsuit. My homes and business will not be brought a law suit.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
His 2nd job is lawn cutting on bank owned homes,needs for equipment. I am tired of paying delivery charges any where from $40 to $2,000 for supplies. I once hooked up with free fill only pay delivery after 2 solid days of dump trucks coming and going had $2,000 delivery charge LOL

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
For hauling lawn mowers, get him a small truck and trailer.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's your nephew and your money NYboy. I'm certain you are familiar with the risks.
I thought the feedback you were looking for was on the truck, not the nephew, so in that case I think it looks like a decent truck for the money.
I could use a truck like that.

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Unless NY is a truck desert that is way too much for that truck. A non turbo 7.3 is a dog!!!!
If through out bearing is making noise you can bet it'll need a clutch pretty soon, and I'd be interested in knowing why they didn't replace clutch and t/o bearing when they fixed tranny??? as the labor to replace that stuff now is a lot.
Around here that's a $1500.00 truck.
I have a 1995 Ford crew cab duelly, 5 speed, new brakes, 90% rubber, ps, pb, ac, p windows, p seats, good paint, drop dead stereo system, Hooker headers, Flowmaster mufs and more, that I'm only going to ask $3500.00 for.
I'd keep looking!!!

THANX RICH

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
If you or he is paying the fuel bill and providing me transport back home.
Oh and by the way I don't care to fly home!!!

THANX RICH

Latest posts