Finally!! Almost a garden! Pics

cknmom

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Finally, DH got my garden to the top of the list!! He started it the begining of July. We worked on it most of the 4th. Not much since as it has been very hot and smokey. This is it so far;

100_1668.jpg

100_1675.jpg

100_1670.jpg

100_1669.jpg

100_1694.jpg

It's a long process as we have very rocky soil, but it's very fertile soil. We were going to do raised beds as we used to, but we're really liking how this is turning out. So we think we will do a few of these instead. We have lots of gophers and ground squirrels voles/moles, and cottontails and huge jacks, so anything we plant must be surrounded on all sides but top with chicken wire.
I can't wait to post pics of plants growing in my garden! I have most of DGD's seedlings for her secret garden ready to go. Now to decide what else to plant; I'm thinking tomato, lettuce, spinach,peppers(bell and hot) herbs, artichoke,radishes,and squash. Does anyone know of a tomato that will grow in high alt.(5800) and hot weather?

Monica

mirime

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
wow! looking great - cannot wait to see more photos as the plants get in!:dance
and very envious you have a land mover like that!

ccrecelius

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Wow, that looks like REAL work. I live in southern Indiana. And I guess this is one instance that I am glad for it. But it will definately be worth it. Keep us posted!!!!:)

coopy

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Wow and I thought my ground was hard. I live in Indiana as well. Keep us posted on how things are going.