Finally found this place

littlemary1234

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hi guys, I’m in zone 9a/9b in Ramona, California. I’m on a hillside at 1400 ft. I’m growing in a 600sqft greenhouse, raised planter beds, and in ground. My ground matter consists of red clay, sandy loom, and granite.

Attachments

• 8DD843F5-7BFA-4405-967F-F67582257C32.jpeg
    8DD843F5-7BFA-4405-967F-F67582257C32.jpeg
    410.6 KB · Views: 159

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hi guys, I’m in zone 9a/9b in Ramona, California. I’m on a hillside at 1400 ft. I’m growing in a 600sqft greenhouse, raised planter beds, and in ground. My ground matter consists of red clay, sandy loom, and granite.
It looks like you are enjoying yourself! What variety in those cages handles your heat?

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hello Mary :)

You will find people here are both friendly and helpful

:welcome

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome from Wisconsin! But worked & gardened on Miramar in the 80's-90's when it was NAS Miramar, and had friends who lived in Poway & Ramona. I miss those years, I had all the manure I wanted from the stables & was able to garden year-round.

It looks like gardening is challenging for you, you really are up in the rocks. ;) The nice climate compensates for that though. The perfect environment for growing chayote squash, if you like them; my vines were 3 years old when I left California. You could grow Chilacayote too, another perennial squash. Both are rampant climbing vines, which need strong support (and will cover a small tree if allowed to do so).

littlemary1234

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Welcome from Wisconsin! But worked & gardened on Miramar in the 80's-90's when it was NAS Miramar, and had friends who lived in Poway & Ramona. I miss those years, I had all the manure I wanted from the stables & was able to garden year-round.

It looks like gardening is challenging for you, you really are up in the rocks. ;) The nice climate compensates for that though. The perfect environment for growing chayote squash, if you like them; my vines were 3 years old when I left California. You could grow Chilacayote too, another perennial squash. Both are rampant climbing vines, which need strong support (and will cover a small tree if allowed to do so).
Thanks! Yes, it has been very challenging, to say the least. Every season, I try something different. I am not much of a squash fan, but I'm open to becoming one. I hope you're enjoying life in WI. Florence County is named after my grandma Florence Hulst (nee Terry). I do love it here in Ramona. I think I need to make friends with some farmers.

Latest posts