Finally Glenn Cottage Eggery Is BACK!!!

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Today we got six baby chicks!! 2 Easter Eggers, 2 Black Australorps and 2 Gold Sex Links. They all fit nicely in this tiny box.

For the next few weeks they will need a heat lamp at night to keep them warm.Thankfully this time of year the coop stays nice and warm during the day.

They were already old pros at using Chicken Nipples.

See the drops of water on their beaks?
They like to take the extra drips off each others beaks.

Getting all six in one photo is not easy!

They weren't too sure about the heat lamp, it was still 90 degrees in the coop when I turned on the heat lamp.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
So happy for you!!! :weee:celebrate I remember how it broke your heart to give up your hens and now, you get to have hens again!!! Those chicks don't know how lucky they are to have you for their Mommy!! :love

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yay! So happy that you're back to raising chickens. Good thing you saved your coop. How long did you go without them?

Mary

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
So happy for you!!! :weee:celebrate I remember how it broke your heart to give up your hens and now, you get to have hens again!!! Those chicks don't know how lucky they are to have you for their Mommy!! :love

Thanks! I try to be a good chicken mommy! I gave them some fresh grass and herbs and a couple of grapes to "play with." They are liking the grapes.

Latest posts