Finally! I was starting to worry

Pakalana

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I pulled the first of the corn last night!! Yay! My green beans are giving off the first of the picking, always somewhat spavin, then they kick into gear. I found a couple of tomatoes that will be ripe in a day or so. I have a couple of crops that haven't done well, but it's that kind of year here. Everything else is doing well.

Every year, no matter what I tell myself, I worry about everything but the zucchini. My Grandpa has been great, "Just keep tending and you'll get all you need, even those years that it doesn't seem there's enough."

So last night we had sweet corn out of the garden and one quart in the freezer! Yum. just yum.

The Mustard Seed Gardener

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Not to change the subject, but how are the wild fires ut thre with you? I heard Omak too. This was on the AM news....hope all is ok :|
Pakalana said:
I pulled the first of the corn last night!! Yay! My green beans are giving off the first of the picking, always somewhat spavin, then they kick into gear. I found a couple of tomatoes that will be ripe in a day or so. I have a couple of crops that haven't done well, but it's that kind of year here. Everything else is doing well.

Every year, no matter what I tell myself, I worry about everything but the zucchini. My Grandpa has been great, "Just keep tending and you'll get all you need, even those years that it doesn't seem there's enough."

So last night we had sweet corn out of the garden and one quart in the freezer! Yum. just yum.

Pakalana

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Burning and smokey. The one that's running right now is in perfect terrain to burn a while. We had a storm move through last night that brought a bunch of rain (lots of lightening too) and we're getting more rain today, so hopefully that will help things out. Luckily we're close enough to town and orchards that we don't have to worry as much as those that are out a few more miles.
We had one much closer earlier this summer, that one we watched and had the ash falling down all over.

Thanks for asking! Kind of comes with the territory when you live in the middle of sagebrush. ;)

The Mustard Seed Gardener

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Be safe. wear a mask, stay inside somewhere. :fl

Pakalana said:
Burning and smokey. The one that's running right now is in perfect terrain to burn a while. We had a storm move through last night that brought a bunch of rain (lots of lightening too) and we're getting more rain today, so hopefully that will help things out. Luckily we're close enough to town and orchards that we don't have to worry as much as those that are out a few more miles.
We had one much closer earlier this summer, that one we watched and had the ash falling down all over.

Thanks for asking! Kind of comes with the territory when you live in the middle of sagebrush. ;)