Finding a Seed Swap?

meadow

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Under the terms and rules (Don'ts #9), it appears that linking to another "similar " site is objectionable.

Perhaps using PMs is OK? To not step on any toes, here, I'd just give out my email address, and any discussion would take place there. If I had time, I'd supply all info, here. But, again posting a couple of thousand varieties of seeds isn't doable for me
I think that sounds like a good idea. I'm hoping that someone with seed swap experience will chime in! ;)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Some linking can be a problem in these kinds of forums (I don't know about here), but usually links to other forums (for instance) can get a person banned. So be careful! @flowerbug

the forum title is: "The Exchange: Buy, Sell, Trade, Giveaway"

as long as you are within that and not obviously just being a general spammer i don't think you should run into trouble.

i don't think any of my links i've posted to the seed swap have been removed but i haven't looked back either. :)

@Nifty and the other moderators are the ultimate deciders about what is and what isn't acceptable, so of course my opinion doesn't mean much here in the end, but to me given the forum name and the past history i think you're ok to start a thread and post a link to your seed swap.

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Under the terms and rules (Don'ts #9), it appears that linking to another "similar " site is objectionable.

Perhaps using PMs is OK? To not step on any toes, here, I'd just give out my email address, and any discussion would take place there. If I had time, I'd supply all info, here. But, again posting a couple of thousand varieties of seeds isn't doable for me

posting a link to another site is acceptable instead of posting your entire catalog here.

we have huge bean threads devoted to the Little Easy Bean Network and those have not been a noted problem in the past. it attracts a lot of people to this site and creates a great community of bean lovers. :)

meadow

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'm glad you thought to ping a moderator @flowerbug !

Also, I wouldn't mind copying the listings into the new thread @Tormato if that would make the swap more successful here (or if it turns out the linkage is not allowed). PM me if that is the route you'd like to go.

meadow

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Wow! I didn't fully appreciate what a massive swap you're running @Tormato until I went to look at the beans (thinking that I'd just missed seeing them in the non-tomato section). Very cool! I've never been to a physical swap and had no idea this sort of thing existed online.

Latest posts