Fingerlings vs "Normal"

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The Amandine that I've grown can't be the "French." Ronningers says that variety arrived here in the 1800's. When I went looking for it a couple years ago, I learned that Amandine is patented so maybe just one heartless person has denied me the opportunity to grow it again . . .

It's a little funny that folks in New England would order from Ronnigers out here in the West. Ronnigers is in Colorado now, I guess. At one time, they were in Moyie Springs, Idaho.

I have a feeling not a single person reading this has any idea where Moyie Springs is. It couldn't be a much smaller community - in the Rocky Mountains near the Montana line, almost in Canada. It's waaay up north and 400 miles or more from the Idaho potato farms. My brother lived there at one time . . . very pretty country. Must be too darn cold for potatoes!

Isn't Maine just up the road from Massachusetts ;)?

Steve

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Yup, I actually do order potatoes from Wood Prairie Farm in Maine, they have great service.
The only reason I mentioned Ronnigers is because when I googled potato information on your french fingerling question a chart came up from Ronnigers.
I knew that Wood Prairie didn't carry the french because I ordered my fingerlings from them already.
You are right I have never heard of that town either.

Latest posts