Fire in my hometown

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Since I don't live in an area prone to fires, I can''t imagine having that much fire that close to your house. I continue praying for all of you in the path, and for the brave people who fight the fires.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Fire is about 32 miles from our cabin. Evacuation advisory in our town. Murphy'sranch, it must be about 10-15 from you? It's 20% contained now.

Mary

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Fresno, Cal. was getting smoke in addition to smog for about 30 days now. Yesterday, Daughter said that there is soot comming down now in Fresno from the fire in addition to smoke. Fire is getting closer and closer to Reedley, Cal. now.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Our fire season has eased.

It was 91° yesterday and windy today but daily conditions have been better than that. Several mornings have had temperatures down in the low 40's. One little city nearby had a morning low of 34°!

This is at 2,000-2,500 feet. It has been freezing on those mornings at twice that elevation, we can be sure. The cooler weather has helped.

El Niño brings more winter rain to southern California and the Southwest, the Weather Service tells us. Let's hope that the rain reaches a little further north.

Steve

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve, I was disappointed when I heard El Nino was mainly going to hit southern California instead of all over the state. Hopefully those experts will be wrong. They are saying it will not get us out of the drought.

Mary

Latest posts