First attempt with edible landscaping

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have most of my veggies in veggie beds because it makes it so much easier to walk around the bed to harvest. In my perennial bed I do mix everything in there. I have raspberries in the back against the fence. Roses and perennials in front of them and herbs interspersed with beans and peppers in the front. In the early spring I have beets in there also. For me, it's more of a necessity and trying to pack everything in where ever I have room!

There is a book that I just love called "Edible Landscaping" by Rosalind Creasy. I'm sure you can find it on ebay or amazon. I highly recommend it.

Mary

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think you guys are right. I am going to have to pull a good many of those wild strawberries. They have really taken off and are crowding everything else and by this point in the summer they don't look as pretty as they did at first. I really want to get to eat some though!

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My mom has wild strawberries in her garden & I was disappointed that they didn't have much flavor at all. I wonder if the domesticated ones are just for looks.

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh! And I just was gifted about 10 blueberry plants, and I'd like to use them as a hedge. The thing is, they'd only be in part sun. Is that a bad idea?

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh! And I just was gifted about 10 blueberry plants, and I'd like to use them as a hedge. The thing is, they'd only be in part sun. Is that a bad idea?
My blueberries are in almost exclusively western sun and do very well. There are trees right overhead and a building to the East. The East side -- with no sun -- does not get as many berries, but the overall plants are doing great. Depending on how long your plants get sun exposure I wouldn't see any problems. It is the soil that best predicts success with blueberries.

Mel Gibson

Sprout
Reaction score
Recently,my wife changed the structure of the garden with the help of denver structural engineer and disturbed the entire garden.I love garnering and handling my garden from last 4 years and done edible landscaping multiple times If you already grow plants in your yard, it will probably be easy to incorporate vegetables, fruits, and herbs into the existing beds to make an edible landscape. Besides providing tasty produce, many edibles are gorgeous and will beautify your landscape. I have tried with berries and vegetables.

Last edited:

Latest posts