first indoor seeds started 3/3/10...

mothergoose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Well, I have jumped in with both feet. I have tons of seeds (I tend to do things big when I start something!) I just filled 144 holes. Figured I would start with some flowers and herbs, if they actually grow...I will start some peppers and tomatos in the next few weeks. I will let you know how it goes.
Wish me luck and send me some good growing vibes,
Christie :tools

OaklandCityFarmer

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Sounds like you're going to be busy.

Most of our flats are about 2 weeks to go before we starting hardening off and getting ready to plant and the raised beds still need lots of work!

Definitely sending good growing vibes. :tools

mothergoose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Lucky you!! I am still dreaming of spring! Though it is suposed to be 50 this weekend...I am not looking forward to all the mud, but warm is good!

This is a photo of part of our garden last year, I am not good about taking photos, I will have to get better about that. We had over 70 tomato plants among lots of other goodies. We are going bigger this year, more of some, less of others and trying lots of new stuff. This is our first time trying to start anything from seed indoors. We have always direct sowed or bought plants.
I have high hopes!
5568_cimg2230.jpg

Christie :rainbow-sun

SarahFair

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Why wouldnt they come up??
I have well over 175 seedlings sitting in front of my dining room doors (large sliding glass) and all but 7 have popped up (5 take a little longer to germinate.. though Im wondering if they ever will :()

Good luck! I hope you get to plant ever single one! :D

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good luck! Sending growing vibes your way!!! Looks like your garden was wonderful last year- keep us posted. I couldn't wait- I planted some petunias this morning! I can smell spring in the air....

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow - Your space looks wonderful!:) It is so open and sunny. I can only sigh and wish for more space. Sending you good luck and a perfect growing season!:)

Mary

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
:thumbsup Good for you! Too many? No way! You can always sell the the extras or give to family and friends.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
HEY, mothergoose, you're only 2 hours north of us! (We live in Champaign County--1/4 mile from Douglas County.) You've gotta have the same post-glacial soil that we have. (After all, south of Charleston they have clay.) :/
We'll need to post pics and keep tabs!! :D

Ga Chicken Mom

Leafing Out
Reaction score
March 4, 2010 and my peat pots are soaking. I plan on sowing seeds of 5 varieties of cherry tomatoes, 5 varieties of large tomatoes both eating and canning, peppers, watermelons, cantalope and pumpkin. My only limits are lack of sun exposure due to living in the woods. I've starting eyeing some trees on the periphery of the garden area but its against my nature to chop down trees especially ones over 60 feet tall. The temps will be in the 50's during the day through the next week but we are 8 weeks from our last frost. Wish me luck and best of luck to all for the coming season. SarahFair perhaps your temps are too low to allow the seeds to germinate. Check to see what best soil temps are for each seed type.

mothergoose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Thank you for all the good wishes. I hope you are right and they grow. I have never had good luck with house plants, I either over water or under water...I just tend to do better with plants outside! I am hoping with time, my thumbs will get a little greener!!!

It is looking up outside though...sunny and 45 degrees, just beautiful outside.

Christie :coolsun

Latest posts