Fruits: Strawberries, delicous

Veggies: Yellow Belle Peppers
California Wonder Green Belle Peppers
Red Mercury Belle peppers
Yellow Pear Tomato
Red Oxheart Tomato
Brandywine Pink tomato
Cherokee Purple tomato

What to start today??? decisions, decisions!!!
Happy Planting,
Christie :tools

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
mothergoose said:
Thank you for all the good wishes. I hope you are right and they grow. I have never had good luck with house plants, I either over water or under water...I just tend to do better with plants outside! I am hoping with time, my thumbs will get a little greener!!!

It is looking up outside though...sunny and 45 degrees, just beautiful outside.

Christie :coolsun
Welcome to TEG, Christie!

Your garden looks wonderful! Wow! You must do a lot of canning also.

I have been a Master at torturing house plants to a slow death! :D
But give me a seed and some dirt ... :throw .. or a plant out in the garden ... :coolsun

I have to watch myself when it comes to over watering seedlings (only when the top soil dries out works well for me) ... and hardening off some things can get a bit tricky, but the rewards are SO worth the effort!

Glad you joined in ... Best of luck to you! ... have fun! :tools

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I feel like a slacker, I only have impatients and petunias started, some onions and some jobs tears.

mothergoose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Don't feel like a slacker...I'm a bit over zealous! I still have 3 - 72 cell flats that are empty...might have to fill them tonight!!!

I am feeling springy it's been 45 degrees here the last 2 days!!

Christie :D

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
and here i have a total of 2 dozen flats of seeds getting started this weekend. i just filled 5 with different basil seeds. i have about 8 or 9 more waiting for me to add veggie seeds to them. and 12 with more herbs that i just need to add the water (and find an area to put them where they won't get disturbed by an animal :p )

mothergoose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Alright, someone more eager than me!!! I started 2 more 72 cell trays, with more strawberries and ground cherries.
One more tray to fill...might have to go shopping and get somemore!!!! ;)

Christie :coolsun

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i had most of them ready to go last year, only the herbs, and i just didn't get around to adding the water to them. (forgot i had moved them to the garage for space to start growing) :th

mothergoose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Bought more trays yesterday, and more lights. My husband put up my greenhouse yesterday too. So hopefully I will be surrounded by "Green" shortly!
Christie :D

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
:woot

so now we have a competition going on!

though my greenhouse may be another year coming, i'm thinking of using an old EZ-up frame and covering it with plastic as a temporary greenhouse to help harden off the plants when that time comes. if i need to expand it for more plants i'll just pop up the second one we have and ask my parents to borrow their 2! :gig

i think i've officially gone over the edge with the gardening/seed starting this year! i just took a count of the trays of herbs i have going and it looks like i have 30 different herbs going between 13 trays and i have a few more types of herbs i want to start so it looks like i'll have another 2 trays.

this is my count so far of trays started:
3 trays of 10 different peppers,
2 trays of 5 different winter squashes, i may start some summer types in a couple weeks to get a jump on some an then direct sow a few weeks after to get a continuous crop.
5 trays of 10 different types of tomatoes
1 tray with 2 types of onions,
1 tray with 3 different watermelons and 1 melon variety
and 2 trays with pumpkins going!
so i think that now brings me up to about 28-30 trays started!

in another couple of weeks i may start some cucumbers in the house too so i'll expect another 2-3 trays of those! btw, i will not be planting all of these veggies and herbs in my garden, i will be selling some off at a local flea market we go to and a few friends want some as well.

mothergoose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I am definetly waaaayyyyyyy behind in this race!!!!:bow:D
I have lots more to start, but I am going to run out of room soon. I have already taken over the dining room. I only have 7 trays going so far, but hope to get somemore going soon.
My little greenhouse is 6'W X 8' L X 7'H , my husband bought me 2 for Valentines day, one for my plants and 1 for me to growout some chicks in later this spring. THey are not super fancy, but will do the job I think.
The greenhouse is basically white in color, white meshed plastic cover. Our 3rd child of 5 (Anna, she is 8) watched us put it together last night (it was dark when we finished) and when we were done she asked me if it turns green when the sun hits it?? :gig
I obviously said no, so she said...Why do they call it a greenhouse then?
SO, I have been corrected several times by our youngest son, he is 4...Its a whitehouse!

Christie :rainbow-sun

Latest posts