First real snow of the season

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
but it is a bit too dark to see it well. :)

i wanna go out and make snowballs and throw them at something just because i can.

i bet by morning i'm going to forget all about this so i'm going to start this topic and see if it will remind me in the morning.

which is just as bad as sending myself e-mails to remind me of something. :)

*throws wet snowball at @baymule* HeeHeeHee...

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Snow has given my family a couple magical moments... chiefly because except for me, they all were born in areas without snow. So it was always interesting when they saw it for the first time.

DW was born in the tropics. When we married, she came to live with me in Washington state - in February. Needless to say, it was quite an adjustment. Her first comment to me, upon seeing all of the leafless trees, was "honey, why are all of the trees dead?" :lol: But I'll never forget the look on her face the first time it snowed... the look of wonder, like a child on Christmas morning. She has become fully accustomed to snow now, to the point where I have caught her shoveling snow in slippers.

Our children all lived in Southern California until their late teens, when we moved to Wisconsin. Their only acquaintance with snow was seeing it on distant mountain tops. To them, when it was 50 degrees, it was "freezing". I told them "one of these days, I'm going to throw you in a snow bank, to show you what freezing is". When we moved, we drove cross country in December; and somewhere around Flagstaff Arizona, I made good on that promise. There was quite a bit of snow in the mountains, and I found a place where we could safely pull off the road. For some strange reason, the kids didn't want to get out of the van. :hide I finally coaxed them all out, and "baptized" them in the snow. Once they figured out how to make snow balls, they quickly got into the spirit.

And since it gets to -25 fairly often here, with wind chills well below that, they now know what "freezing" really is.

We had a period today where it was coming down as "snow balls" (@flowerbug was that you?) but the snow turned into rain, so nothing lasted. The first big snow storm here usually sticks to the trees & is really pretty. I'd appreciate the beauty of snow better, if I didn't have to drive in it... and if it didn't collapse my patio. :somad

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I don't think snow will be far off. It is really cold here tonight.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We had frost here this morning but it turned into a lovely day with sunshine. Tonight it's about to freeze again.

Latest posts