Fishing

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We went fishing this afternoon and caught 7 sand dabs! Just cooked them up with fresh lemon, pepper, and olive oil!

Attachments

• IMG_20230318_173510747_640x480.jpg
    IMG_20230318_173510747_640x480.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 54

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Are they different from your Butter Sole? Different locations, fishing techniques?

I have already mentioned to you my memories of northern California fishing for Surf Perch on one side of the sand bar at Stone Lagoon or taking the boat out in the lagoon for Flounder. Good times.

Steve

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Are they different from your Butter Sole? Different locations, fishing techniques?

I have already mentioned to you my memories of northern California fishing for Surf Perch on one side of the sand bar at Stone Lagoon or taking the boat out in the lagoon for Flounder. Good times.

Steve
They are different from butter sole. I have caught butter sole before and they are good too! The sand dabs are more delicate and tender than butter sole. I heard that they serve sand dabs as a delicacy in fancy California coast restaurants. They are so good!

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was selling some eggs to a retired fella, and he taught us how he harvests razor clams. I've only caught clams off of New Jersey (cherrystone), not razors on the Pacific. I'll have to try it sometime!

YUM on the fish. Fluke (flounder) from the Atlantic was my fav for years!

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I was selling some eggs to a retired fella, and he taught us how he harvests razor clams. I've only caught clams off of New Jersey (cherrystone), not razors on the Pacific. I'll have to try it sometime!

YUM on the fish. Fluke (flounder) from the Atlantic was my fav for years!
We catch butter and manilla clams on the beach and make amazing plates of clam linguine! It's fun to gather them and make a feast! 😋