Flies around house

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I tried those and they didn't work for me.

Mary

I was amazed at how well they worked at my place. One day, a truck full of flies, hang a tree and the next morning, not a fly to be had. Gotta keep them fresh, though. Once they get some age on them, they don't work as well.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary you can hang off your chicken coop
How do they work? Do you smear something that smells good in the inside and then flies go in and can't get out? There's an open hole and it would seem that they could. Unless it has a stopper.

Mary

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Usually you put some water and a piece of fruit or small piece of meat in them. Even apple juice works. I guess it would depend on what the particular pest you were trying to trap was. I have some of those, and they do work. I don't know if they make a dent in the population much, but they are cute!

They crawl or fly up through the bottom hole and get trapped in the liquid. Flies can count, but they are actually too dumb to think of flying downwards. ;)

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Usually you put some water and a piece of fruit or small piece of meat in them. Even apple juice works. I guess it would depend on what the particular pest you were trying to trap was. I have some of those, and they do work. I don't know if they make a dent in the population much, but they are cute!

They crawl or fly up through the bottom hole and get trapped in the liquid. Flies can count, but they are actually too dumb to think of flying downwards. ;)
I don't see a reservoir for water or liquids. There's no place to put fruit. It just looks like an upside down vessel with a hole at the bottom. Maybe I'm missing something. :rolleyes:

Mary

Latest posts