flies

oberhaslikid

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Vanilla.Buy those air fresheners for your car in vanilla. The trees.Hang them where you want to get rid of them.I have them in my milk room and on my porch and green house.

wsmoak

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It depends what kind they are. Plain old house flies? Or the kind outside that bite? Someone can probably help if you give a bit more information about the problem. -Wendy

Timmy

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Thanks oberhaslikid I'll try that. wsmoak They're just plain old house flies around were my chickens and compost are.

Northernrose

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I use a bait type of fly trap, but it can get stinky so don't put one close to where you like to hangout. I keep it down by my chicken coop as they attract flies. Right now I've been invaded by it seems like 100,000+ flies. Somewhere on my neighbor's property is a dead wild hog that got shot. It has stunk up the area for a couple of weeks. Now I'm getting the flies:(

The trap I set out less than a week ago is completely full. I'll set out another tonight. Fly predators are also good, you can order them on-line. Tiny little predator bugs that work great and not as stinky as a fly trap either:)

i_am2bz

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Northernrose said:
Right now I've been invaded by it seems like 100,000+ flies. Somewhere on my neighbor's property is a dead wild hog that got shot. It has stunk up the area for a couple of weeks. Now I'm getting the flies:(
:sick Lovely!

I use the baited-bag fly traps too...when it gets real hot I have to put out a new one every week. But they do work.

Now...how do you get rid of the biting flies?? They are driving me nuts!! :barnie

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
nachoqtpie said:
Where do you find vanilla trees??
:lol: I'm sorry, I just had to laugh. They are referring to car air fresheners. You buy the vanilla scented ones. You can find them just about everywhere, in auto stores, or auto section of stores.

Mary

Latest posts