Flower & young tree what are they??

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I went to get a couple of Black hollyhock starts from a friend and she has this small tree she has been keeping her husband from mowing. She would like to know what it is, if it is worth saving it?? I thought it may be some type of maple but I don't know. I was standing above it when I took the photo.
5713_p1010821a.jpg

And I have this flower that for the past 3 years that I noticed has grown next to our gas tank... I think it's pretty. and will keep it just like to know more about it...
5713_p1010867a.jpg

:D Thanks Karan :coolsun

poppycat

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
The first picture is really hard to tell. I think a pic from the side and of an individual leaf might help a lot.

The second picture is Campanula americana .

robbobbin

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I agree with copycat(hehehe that's funny) about the Campanula.
The first picture is difficult to make out much detail. It would help to see it from a different angle, and a leaf by it's self maybe.
Perhaps you could take a sample in to your county extension office and see if they can help.

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
robbobbin said:
I agree with copycat(hehehe that's funny) about the Campanula.
The first picture is difficult to make out much detail. It would help to see it from a different angle, and a leaf by it's self maybe.
Perhaps you could take a sample in to your county extension office and see if they can help.
Thanks Poppycat and robbobbin I will try to get a side view photo of the tree when I go back up and visit Jean. I will send the photo to extension agronamosit and see what she says. Now I know I can grow more of this flower from its seed I'll try to germinate them in the greenhouse for next season. I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks again :happy_flower Karan

Latest posts