Folks in OK had about all they can take?

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yes we have, it's beginning to look like we have a cosmic target painted on our beautiful state!!!!! :barnie

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
You dont think earthquake when you think Oklahoma...I didnt even know they had a fault in the area...

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
In the past 48 hrs literally we have had the biggest earthquake in OK history, 9+ inches of rain resulting in flooding requiring evacuations, and a monster tornado (fortunately in the country so no one was hurt).

bjanet

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Despite what people think, it's really never boring in Oklahoma! After the 4.7 aftershock last evening (while watching the tornado coverage on TV), we just looked at each other and said "Good grief!"

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I lot of the people in Oklahoma are descended from the people tough enough to stick it out during the dust bowl years. Don't sell them short.

That 4.7 aftershock last night was the first earthquake I have ever felt. It's real noticeable all tyhe way over here if you're not in the car when it hits like I was for the bigger one Saturday.

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Kassaundra said:
In the past 48 hrs literally we have had the biggest earthquake in OK history, 9+ inches of rain resulting in flooding requiring evacuations, and a monster tornado (fortunately in the country so no one was hurt).
We have a band of rain and storms heading my way. :( I just hope it's not in the tornado shape.

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Southern Gardener said:
Kassaundra said:
We have a band of rain and storms heading my way. :( I just hope it's not in the tornado shape.
I hope no tornados are heading your way too. We didn't have the tornados here in Henryetta, they were out in western OK they were big too especially for Nov tornados, just luckily not in any inhabited areas. We did get 9+ inches of rain in 2 days though. And more earthquakes one yesterday was 4.7 the biggest one so far has been 5.7 I believe.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It does make a difference where you are during an earthquake. I was in vehicle during a fairly strong earthquake, had no idea.

Another time, I was nearly pitched head-first into a dishwasher!

Once, I was awakened from a comfortable sleep by the house shaking. I turned on the bedroom light, looked around and saw nothing had fallen, nothing was broken, turned off the light and went back to sleep.

Another time, I'd dozed off in a chair on a warm summer afternoon. It was a small earthquake but the epicenter was only about 5 miles away. I actually thought a truck had hit the wall of the building!! My immediate reaction was one of anger - at the idiot driver :/!

Steve

Latest posts