Found an unwelcome guest on my tomato plants!

tigercountry2023

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Thanks guys for all your helpful suggestions! It seems like the problems dealt with itself now, and I actually think that maybe it was because of inconsistent watering. Someone told me tomatoes can get fussy about it. What's your opinion on that?

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
if you are not getting enough water to the roots of the plant you'll often find that the fruits will show Blossom End Rot. sometimes a symptom of calcium deficiency too, but...

back in the old day (when we had 30 - 40 plants) we would sink five gallon buckets with small holes in the bottom down into the ground and fill those up every other day if there wasn't enough rain. that did work, but it was not easy and sometimes the roots from the plants would grow and plug up the holes in the buckets and then i'd have to poke 'em out to get the water flowing again.

these days i try to be more consistent and it is easier having fewer plants.

i did try soaker hoses and such, but with our water and my clumsyness they either plugged up or i stepped on them and broke them. it is much better for me to keep things simple instead. :)

for tomato worms i get up early in the morning and check the plants. this past year i didn't see any at all. i think they are cute, but that's just me...

Latest posts