Fox or coyote?

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yeah, need to get something portable and easy access.
@Nyboy , your comment "safer than a pistol' made me chuckle a little. A friend came over for some target practice last weekend and I got a burn on my collarbone from a hot casing (is that what the ejected part is called?). It STUCK and sizzled for a split second till I slapped it off. OUCH.

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
fox. There is one too that tries to do drive-by fast food chicken with my birds :barnie He/she is too fst for me to get a pic though :he

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here in NY I was able to walk into a sporting goods store and walk out with rifles. A pistol on the other hand is very hard to get permit for. you need to give a good reason why you want one and have 3 nonfamily members vouch for you. Then wait certain number of days

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yeah, need to get something portable and easy access.
@Nyboy , your comment "safer than a pistol' made me chuckle a little. A friend came over for some target practice last weekend and I got a burn on my collarbone from a hot casing (is that what the ejected part is called?). It STUCK and sizzled for a split second till I slapped it off. OUCH.

i had one come back in my face and stick between my glasses and forehead. nice blister. last shot of the clip did that. that was the one and only time i've only shot a 9mm pistol. much prefer rifle with good scope. air rifle is working much better now that i have it sighted in.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
@canesisters there's coyotes all around here, but i've only seen two in the 20+yrs here. they're not that bold most of the time unless very hungry or rabid. bears are usually the same way as long as people don't feed them or they have become habituated to raiding someone's trash heaps or someone is baiting them...

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Coyotes here are attacking children they have no fear. I think the board of health is doing a cover up. They claim last 2 attacks the coyotes where rabid. If rabies was really in the county they would be zeroing in on pets being vaccinated. Children are now on coytoe prey list here.

Latest posts