freezing corn before canning??

dipence71

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Time is the issue. Is it possible to freeze corn then thaw in batches to can at a later date? I use to just freeze but after loosing many 10lb bags of frozen corn to power outage I now want to can it all.
It just all gets ripe at the same time as my FIL plants it with the field corn tractor planter. There is just so much ready at once i thought if it could be cut off the cob frozen and then canned it would reallllly help. I not only have rabbits, chickens, garden, mom in the nursing home, I also have a FT job outside the home.
So you can see why my time is in question here. I use to have summers off at my previous job but now work FT year round and it has been a struggle this year trying to balance it all, and I am not doing a very good job juggling LOL...But it is my first year with trying to "do it all"...so I am trying to give myself some credit for what is being accomplished but still feeling guilty for not getting as much as I use to done.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Can't answer the question, but want to tell you you are doing GREAT job. Be easier on yourself, do not be afraid to ask for help and do not sweat the small stuff. Hugs... :hugs

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I really wouldn't take that route... If you are going to blanch and put it in the freezer, I would just leave it there ( and pray you don't lose power!) Sounds like your plate is really full- you'll get done what you can. Take some time to rest!! Don't forget- you are only human!!

Sunsaver

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Carol Dee said:
Can't answer the question, but want to tell you you are doing GREAT job. Be easier on yourself, do not be afraid to ask for help and do not sweat the small stuff. Hugs... :hugs
I used to sweat the small stuff really bad! I think that little book really helped to improve my life. I must have read it at least three times. I think i gave it away to a fellow worry wort.

Latest posts