Frostbit Azaleas?

buckeye

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I just planted my azalea bushes a few weeks ago. Last week, I accidentally forgot to not cover them and they were bit. :(

Will they come back this year or next or are they done now?

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome! Welcome! I would not expect azaleas to be bothered by frost at all...they are usually so hardy. Maybe you will have to trim a little off the tips of the branches- but I think they will come back fine. Did it look like the frost affected the entire bush? Happy Gardening!

buckeye

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome! I am ecstatic to have found this place.

My fiance and I are spending our first spring/summer at our first place and are LOVING the gardening and flowers.

This is not my first rodeo...I remember running behind the tractor barefoot when I was 3 picking up potatoes after my papa furrowed them up. And I've been gardening ever since! It must be in the blood.

It hasn't affected ALL of the bush...I can see some nipped leaves, but there are still blooms on and flowers too. Here's a pic...

2198066400106466191S425x425Q85.jpg

Yes, this SE Ohio weather is a TEASE and wearing me out. :barnie
I'm so sick and tired of covering up my front porch flowers, it's ridiculous! Supposed to be another frost this weekend. Hibiscus will have to come in this weekend, but it's had a good week this week! :happy_flower

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't think you will lose it- but, you better cover it up if you are having frost this weekend! I don't think it could take another beating! I have never seen mine damaged from frost- but maybe it was because yours was a new planting? Good luck!