Fruit and Vegetable Pics

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
What is our regularly scheduled forum topic?? Haha!

I'm jealous too, sunsaver - of your asparagus bed!! I would plant an 80 ft. Asparagus bed, except my little lot in town isnt big enough!!!

Sunsaver

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
No morels, but wild oyster mushrooms and chanterelles. No huckleberries, but wild black raspberry, and fox grapes. It all balances out, especially since some of y'all yankees are getting hotter than New Orleans and Houston! :lol:

Sunsaver

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Here's a glimpse of my permaculture beds:

8419_permabeds.jpg

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Your garden looks great, Sunsaver! I like the looks of that pine needle mulch and the rocks too. :thumbsup

Sunsaver

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Thanks, J11! That area is my front "yard". It was all just wasted lawn 10 years ago. It now has a vinyl picket fence and no trace of grass to mow. I hate mowing. :cool:

MrsGreenThumb

Sprout
Reaction score
Your garden looks amazing, how much square footage do you have? I only have 15 x 15, but after looking at your garden, I am really considering stepping up the next size.

I would just have to convince my husband to move all of his backyard toys and his pool supplies into the garage :)

Sunsaver

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I have about 1/4 acre planted in permaculture beds with an over story of fruit and nut trees. The other 3/4 acre is heavily wooded. The house is to the side, with the garden rooms to the north, east, and south. The entire western side of the property is the woods. Here's a shot of my solar panels:

8419_picanom-picture-02_2011-07-17.jpg

And my wood-fired stone oven:

8419_picanom-picture-03_2011-07-17.jpg

Neko-Chan

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Looks great. I wish my husband would eat aspargus, because I like it a lot. Still though, even if I did have an asparagus bed, I could always sell the excess.

Latest posts