Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have 32 future BBQ chicken dinners! MMMmmmMMM I can taste it now :drool

DSC02101.JPG
DSC02102.JPG

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I haven't ordered mine yet. I was thinking I'd do them closer to fall again this year. I've still got some in the freezer that need eaten up too.

I like how you put together your brooder. That will be easier on you to keep after them, having them near the other flock. My DH absolutely hates the mess of CX chicks (doesn't like regular chicks all that much either). I used to keep my chicks in the basement, but now they go out in the garage, which makes me a nervous wreck trying to keep the cats out. But that was the best compromise we could muster. :rolleyes:

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Mine are only in the coop because I didn't have anywhere else to put them :D Dew kind of balked at the idea of having them in the bedroom for a week or two...though I can't for the life of me understand why :lol:

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oh yes. I do like me some fried chicken. Either deep fried or in the cast iron chicken fryer.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Mary trust me when I say they dont stay cute little chicks for long. In about 3 weeks they will go from cute little chicks to nasty little chickens that can not hold up their own weight.

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Now Mary, aren't they all cute chicks once? (WOW, there's a pun in there I certainly never intended!)
They are just meat chickens, bred for one purpose. They don't stay cute for long.

Latest posts