Garden Attire

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I usually wear a pair of knee length sweatpants, a tank top, flip flops and a hat. Its cool and comfortable.
If its extremely hot then I wear shorts instead of the knee length sweats, a tanktop and sunscreen and a hat.
If its brisk fall weather then its long sweatpants, a tank top and zip up sweatshirt that I can take off if I work up a sweat raking or whatever and a pair of sneakers.
I love sweatpants from American Eagle, so comfy and wear very well.

DDRanch

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Years ago, I started out with a supply of co-ordinated short and long sleeved cotton shirts, tan colored cotton pants, a cute floppy hat and a pair of cotton gardening gloves and new tennis shoes........HA. That lasted a week maybe.

Between the chicken coop and yard, an often muddy veg garden, small orchard on a hill, 6 foot high corn maise, 10 foot high sunflower crop, landscaping and flower gardening , I got all this clothing pretty dirty and pretty quick.

Now, I wear old tee shirts, down vest, billed hat with ear flaps, whatever pants are clean, heavy socks and waterproof boots. And I garden and do chicken chores in the disposable medical gloves that fit tight and protect my hands. I go through a lot of those gloves.

I am not a fashion statement at all, but my garden looks great, and my chickens are happy.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Garden attire?! :eek:

You're kidding me... I should wear something other then my daily jeans and tank tops?!

Hmmm... I think my tiny garden doesn't take a lot of work and I don't get very dirty yet. The hats are great ideas for those super sunny days around here with no trees... I just don't though.

I just came back in from the heat (was getting to me and the DD) maybe I should get us matching hats for our outside adventures?! I can't wait to get her some boots and shovels her size. She really is a great helper, and helped me shovel pea gravel today! :)

sunbury chick

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Sewingdiva,
Is this you in the picture with the canvas field hat on....Just wondering,you don't look like a Phyllis:) Just kidding...:)

DrakeMaiden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
vfem said:
maybe I should get us matching hats for our outside adventures?!
DO IT!!!! I don't think you'll regret it, unless you don't do it!

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Right now, a parka, knit hat, gloves, thermals, scarf 3 pairs of socks and heavy boots, oh yeah and a portable heater I drag around next to me.
Oh, I love winter in New England! ( on christmas, then it can go away) :rolleyes:

Cassandra

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Oh, this thread is bound to change a lot now that the weather has gotten cold. LOL

For garden attire, I will wear anything except my other work clothes (the ones I wear to the office.) Honestly guys--I guys, I slum around the house so frumpy looking that on the extremely rare occasion that we have unexpected company (I mean RARE like twice in the last two years) I have to go change clothes.

You know, just odds & ends of shorts, sweatpants, t-shirts... I don't have anything especially for gardening.

Cassandra