Garden Claw

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I gave one to my sister. The shorter hand tool version. She loves it. It might depend on the type soil you're using it in, and whether you're working in a bed or raw ground.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I can see value in small plot areas. Garden? Looks like it would be of limited value.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Have one -- the "Gold" model. I know my DIL has used it in her tiny garden bed, but I never found it to be very useful on a bigger plot of garden. Even a garden fork works better, IMHO, and is much easier to use.

'Sides, it is meant mostly to loosen the soil for planting rather than weeding afterwards. It won't get close enough to plants to weed them without harming their roots.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
same here with the Garden Weasel. only thing i found that useful for was dandelions and plantains on occasion and you needed to be working on those weeds when they were already loosened or had to have the tines positioned just right to pull the whole plant up without leaving part of the roots.

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Often times tools like that are meant for only one thing. And that is to remove money from your wallet and put that money into someone else's. I know from experience. Duh!

Latest posts