Garden humor thread..

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@baymule Ha !!! that is our IOWA weather. I drove a bus of kids to an all day band event. Left at 7:00 a.m. and had bus heat on as the girls where wearing pretty dresses (too light and short for the weather.) When I went back at 4:30 it was almost 80 degrees ! I turned air on in my van to cool off when I got back from HOT bus.
If DH was working on this side of the state, I would look him up! ;) DH is a union organizer and spending LOTS of time at fertilizer plant in Weaver, IA (lower SE corner) I assume son is working at the other new plant in the NW corner of the state.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Carol Dee my son is working in a small town just south of Sioux City. He says it's going to wrap up in late summer, then hopes to get a job with same company in either Texas or Louisiana.

Poka_Doodle

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Haha! My son is working in Iowa right now. He called a few days ago and told me he went to work one evening, it was 72 degrees. When he got off 12 hours later, it was 28 degrees and snowing!

@baymule Ha !!! that is our IOWA weather. I drove a bus of kids to an all day band event. Left at 7:00 a.m. and had bus heat on as the girls where wearing pretty dresses (too light and short for the weather.) When I went back at 4:30 it was almost 80 degrees ! I turned air on in my van to cool off when I got back from HOT bus.
If DH was working on this side of the state, I would look him up! ;) DH is a union organizer and spending LOTS of time at fertilizer plant in Weaver, IA (lower SE corner) I assume son is working at the other new plant in the NW corner of the state.
That was Friday. We have 70 degree weather in March and snow for mother's day

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
13055405_10153422479892027_94117490588197655_n.jpg

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
My phone story: I was walking home very late one evening. The Police stopped me and suggested I call home for a ride. I used the dime they gave me to call . . . the time and weather station by mistake. The numbers were very similar and I'd often called both of them.

As I hurried home -- walking still -- I feared the police might see me again. Who'd believe I had called home and gotten the wrong number?

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
A few years ago I wanted to phone a mutual acquaintance of DH and I to ask him if he'd help me make an incubator. I asked DH if he had the man's number stored on his phone, he said yes, so I phoned and about halfway through the conversation realised something's wrong… It was NOT the guy I thought I was phoning, but a stranger! DH had the guy's number stored for some reason, though they haven't spoken in ages and he had the same name as our acquaintance. I was mortified and more than a little mad! My DH thought the whole thing hilarious of course and just stopped laughing long enough to asked me "Did he sound like an Indian" (the stranger was an Indian man) My response: "No, he sounded confused!" Which of course made DH laugh even harder and me even more upset!

Latest posts