Garden humor thread..

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wife - Did you have any luck fixing that leaky faucet.

Husband - Yeah, it went pretty well.

Wife - Really??? You fixed it???

Husband - No, it still leaks. But I didn't make it any worse. For me that's a win.

Unfortunately I can relate. Wife said the new washing machine leaked that I INSTALLED. Turns out a elbow from sink leaked. After messing with it, I had to cut the pipes out. Now I have to go get more parts...

Why do you think I posted that one? I can eventually fix most plumping :rainbowflower but it takes more trips for parts than it should.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
72557488_2572561772835087_4069935435168612352_n.jpg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wife - Did you have any luck fixing that leaky faucet.

Husband - Yeah, it went pretty well.

Wife - Really??? You fixed it???

Husband - No, it still leaks. But I didn't make it any worse. For me that's a win.
Trying to turn off backyard water for the winter.

I replaced the valve about 3 years ago, with much bother because the union is right against some cabinets. D..n cheap replacement valve!

It has leaked for about 2 weeks and every time I go to the basement, I tighten it a little more. Don't want to damage the d..n cheap thing! Finally, I think that I've got it off!

Patience. Maintenance requires it. I've been trying to mansplain that to DW. I can't help it that I have a powerful grip on both plumbing skills and water valves.

Steve

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Trying to turn off backyard water for the winter.

I replaced the valve about 3 years ago, with much bother because the union is right against some cabinets. D..n cheap replacement valve!

It has leaked for about 2 weeks and every time I go to the basement, I tighten it a little more. Don't want to damage the d..n cheap thing! Finally, I think that I've got it off!

Patience. Maintenance requires it. I've been trying to mansplain that to DW. I can't help it that I have a powerful grip on both plumbing skills and water valves.

Steve
If a connection is exposed where a drip could be seen, I use sharkbite fittings where feasible. Easy to remove yet stout (not cheap $$) they also come with stainless braid and valves ready made, just slide them on the smoothed end of the pipe. My new water heater took at least 10 minutes to install.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i really did this today.

i went to work in one garden and had all my tools with me (the stirrup hoe, the straight bladed shovel and the four pronger) and my two buckets and the box tops with beans in them.

i stick the shovel in the garden so it is standing up. i turn around and then notice my shovel is not with the other two tools so i walk across the garden to go get my shovel.

i have not told Mom this yet. lolol... i'm saving it for sometime when she has a senior moment so we can laugh a good one... oh what the heck. i'll tell her now anyways. :)

Latest posts