Garden humor thread..

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ain't it the truth, @Carol Dee !?

I have lived in my home for many years. DW has been here through every one of them. Apparently, I'm someone who hates to throw things away. DW is dedicated to shopping.

What a combination! Fortunately, she hasn't been interested in shopping yet at stores that sell flooring. I have mentioned my dissatisfaction with our floors several times but she hasn't taken the bait. It occurred to me the other day what kind of an effort it would take to clear the rooms with carpeting so as to have the installers come in for a day.
! It would take us a couple hours in each room to gather the loose material to box up even before the furniture is moved! Then, where would those boxes and that furniture go!

Anyway. On a normal day, if it is the same tool or piece of paper or whatever that I have carried from its traditional location, I'm usually good at returning it to the exact place it was before. Something new generates an internal debate!

How much is it similar to everything else in that drawer? Will it be easy to find, next time? That 2nd question can be a booby trap and, I'm the booby!

Go ahead and be creative -- I will never think of that location next week.

Steve

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ain't it the truth, @Carol Dee !?

I have lived in my home for many years. DW has been here through every one of them. Apparently, I'm someone who hates to throw things away. DW is dedicated to shopping.

What a combination! Fortunately, she hasn't been interested in shopping yet at stores that sell flooring. I have mentioned my dissatisfaction with our floors several times but she hasn't taken the bait. It occurred to me the other day what kind of an effort it would take to clear the rooms with carpeting so as to have the installers come in for a day.
! It would take us a couple hours in each room to gather the loose material to box up even before the furniture is moved! Then, where would those boxes and that furniture go!

Anyway. On a normal day, if it is the same tool or piece of paper or whatever that I have carried from its traditional location, I'm usually good at returning it to the exact place it was before. Something new generates an internal debate!

How much is it similar to everything else in that drawer? Will it be easy to find, next time? That 2nd question can be a booby trap and, I'm the booby!

Go ahead and be creative -- I will never think of that location next week.

Steve
Steve. I so wish you could drop by my home and get me organized. That would be just wonderful. :)

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Lol

Attachments

• 20210523_164928.jpg
    20210523_164928.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 113

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve. I so wish you could drop by my home and get me organized. That would be just wonderful. :)

moving a lot really helps keep things pared down. sad to say that even in this state where i have been fairly well pared down i still have boxes of some things that i've moved over 20 times and many thousands of miles and i've not opened them since i packed them. :) i'm getting better though, recently i did shred some old papers and a few old books that nobody would ever want (old technical stuff that isn't even interesting or useful to anyone).

rereading some old college papers is always good for reminding me how full of crap i can be. haha... :)