Garden humor thread..

flowerweaver

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
There seems to be no end in sight for the rain. Everyday we are under multiple watches. Last night we were under severe storm, hail, flood, and tornado watches. Fortunately we only got more rain, over an inch. River is over our crossings again, and tomorrow a repeat possible. The best news is the long drought is officially over!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
There seems to be no end in sight for the rain. Everyday we are under multiple watches. Last night we were under severe storm, hail, flood, and tornado watches. Fortunately we only got more rain, over an inch. River is over our crossings again, and tomorrow a repeat possible. The best news is the long drought is officially over!
Glad to hear the long drought is over, Now if it would just stop raining!

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
thanks for the good laugh @MoonShadows many of those items on the lists are true for me too! i'll add to that:
i have bookmarked the local cooperative extensions for both NH and Maine and certain university websites for plant pests/diseases/grafting/propagation and just for the plants that grow in our area.

if you know most of the developer's names of certain fruits/veggies/plants by heart (Luther Burbank, Prof. Ellwyn Meader, David Austin, etc.) and you know which plants they contributed to!

oh, and during the winter or planning the garden months i scour eBay for new plants and seeds that i can't find locally or in the catalogs i start getting by November.

flowerweaver

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Another 'looking on the positive side' about being in the national news with a devastating flood is everyone you haven't heard from in ages calls or emails to make sure you are OK. So I've been enjoying catching up with family and friends!

flowerweaver

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Another storm creeping our way. Looks like we might miss the brunt of it. Under a Hazardous Weather warming. Here we go again! Too bad we don't have cell service here. I could get a Google watch and be out in the field instead of glued to my computer to know what is coming.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
IMG_1176.JPG

Latest posts