Garden humor thread..

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
if i'm feeling like i've got a bad day going it helps me a lot to go sit in the dirt and say hi to the worms. a long time ago i found out that helped so i started keeping worms in my room here and so in the middle of winter if i feel like i need some dirt and worm therapy there it is right there... :)
And when you get really, really bored, you could count them. ;)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
we don't use the b-word around here... that's only askin' for trouble. :) actually, i'm never bored, i can always find something to do.

my one and only worm census was taken in the late summer of 2010 where i was seeing how many worms and night crawlers i had left from when i put them in the buckets/bin at the end of May. all of the crawlers were still alive but i put them out into the gardens after learning they don't do well in captivity. i still find their offspring out there now. the worms went from 30 to 26 adults but around 200 babies which were two inches long and not very fat yet, but by the next spring they were adults and many thousands. it took way too long to go through the three buckets and large bin and i'm sure i missed many. worms are very tiny when they are young.

i did not count worm cocoons, in the whole time i only found one night crawler cocoon (the larger brown one in this pic):

100_4621_Worm_Cocoons_thm.jpg

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Two ladies from south Louisiana were dining on rainbow trout at a Tennessee hill country restaurant when the lady serving them said, ''Y'all sure talk funny. Where you from?''

When they told her Louisiana, she frowned and said, ''Ewww! I heard you people down there will eat anything!''

After they finished their meal, the server came back and said, ''Y'all want me to wrap up that leftover fish for you?''

One of the ladies smiled sweetly and told her, ''Just the eyes, please.''

Latest posts