Garden humor thread..

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
they don't want the chips to get smashed and i think they also use nitrogen gas instead of normal air to help keep them fresher longer. at least that is all in theory. i'm sure they also pull plenty of other marketing gimicks along the way.
Soo...we are sure they are potato though, right?

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I remember when you got a bag of chips theyvwould be full clear to the top. Not now. Changes were made so they can pack to "volume" which includes the air. One of these days your going to pay for a bag and there will be one chip in it.
I don't remember the exact wording, but one of the pages in a book I used to have called "You Know When You've Been In Japan Too Long When....." mentioned that over there, a thing like that would not be out of the question (because they ludicrously overpack things like cookies.)

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
I remember when you got a bag of chips theyvwould be full clear to the top. Not now. Changes were made so they can pack to "volume" which includes the air. One of these days your going to pay for a bag and there will be one chip in it.
It seems they are just getting an early jump on the "air for sale" market... so take a deep breath, and eat your chip. :rolleyes:

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
The joy of gathering together with family is universal.
1639003587263.jpeg

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
speaking of chips. yesterday when doing our big box store stock up grocery run we came across some sweet potato corn chips and since we were looking for the bags of sweet potato chips that they had last time (but were out of this time) we decided to give them a try. first crunch was a bit lighter in texture than a whole corn chip, but then after some chewing the sweetness of the sweet potato came through. as usual with cornchips and me it's hard to stop eating them at just a few. i made a plate of chips with some thin sliced cheese melted on top and then sprinkled with hot sauce. i could have easily eaten a few more plates of those. a few weeks ago i made some taco meat for taco salad or nachoes and put portions in the freezer so i'm sure we'll be doing a taco salad and/or nachoes at some point during the next few weeks.

when we asked someone about the lack of sweet potato chips he said that they only get a few pallets in at a time of different varieties of chips and then once they are gone they only put them back out when they get a few more. no regular supplier.

in a similar vein there were some purple potato chips from our favorite chip maker that we could have tried but Mom didn't see them and i was already happy with having some corn chips for a change. corn chips are my favorite form of corn for food i can't think of any other way i like corn more than perhaps fire roasted corn on the cob.

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
speaking of chips. yesterday when doing our big box store stock up grocery run we came across some sweet potato corn chips and since we were looking for the bags of sweet potato chips that they had last time (but were out of this time) we decided to give them a try. first crunch was a bit lighter in texture than a whole corn chip, but then after some chewing the sweetness of the sweet potato came through. as usual with cornchips and me it's hard to stop eating them at just a few. i made a plate of chips with some thin sliced cheese melted on top and then sprinkled with hot sauce. i could have easily eaten a few more plates of those. a few weeks ago i made some taco meat for taco salad or nachoes and put portions in the freezer so i'm sure we'll be doing a taco salad and/or nachoes at some point during the next few weeks.

when we asked someone about the lack of sweet potato chips he said that they only get a few pallets in at a time of different varieties of chips and then once they are gone they only put them back out when they get a few more. no regular supplier.

in a similar vein there were some purple potato chips from our favorite chip maker that we could have tried but Mom didn't see them and i was already happy with having some corn chips for a change. corn chips are my favorite form of corn for food i can't think of any other way i like corn more than perhaps fire roasted corn on the cob.
I too am a corn roaster. Cornbread mix MUST be poured into a sizzley hot cast iron pan or it just does not come out right for me.

You have me thinking about filling my jerky cannon with a sweet potato corn flour mix and shooting it into hot oil.

Latest posts