Garden humor thread..

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
nobody charges five cents anymore for a psych visit...
Well, the whole series sort of exists in a sort of time limbo by now. Even though Shultz increasingly TRIED to modernize the looks of the characters, the way they dressed in the 50's and 60's is how people remember them, and, now that Shultz is no longer at the head calling all of the decisions, it is those looks that they have tended to go back to.

Girls just don't generally WEAR dresses that elaborate day to day or to school anymore, with puffed sleeves and bow sashes. And someone once pointed out to me that, unless her parents have access to a store of site that caters to private schools, Lucy (and Frieda, come to think of it) would have a LOT of trouble finding saddle shoes (both Bass and Spalding now only make batches about once ever five to ten years, since outside private schools that require them, or people looking for them for 50's costumes, no one buys them.)

nune

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
ZlpWyqe.jpg

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
This is quite old, but it STILL breaks my brain. To imagine the practice that's needed to get the timing perfect enough of for the illusion to work is mind boggling.

This little dance team got passed around and gave a few people some good old belly laughs 😃

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Pulsegleaner , that video is a Gem!
The choreography isn't really difficult,
So much fun! Just in time for Mardi Gras!
More difficult than you would think. The moves may be pretty simple, but they all have to be PERFECTLY in synch to pull off the illusion. If you don't believe me, just look up some other similar dance videos. NONE of them have timing as good as this.

That IS the mark of a true well trained artist, to make the extremely difficult or complicated look very simple. For example, there is a video out there of a person playing the violin in a skeleton costume (it makes sense in context of where he was and who exactly he was dressed as.) On the surface, it looks decently easy, since it is not an overcomplicated song and a lot of people do it. Then you realize that, due to his mask, he can't SEE the violin for his fingering, and with the gloves on, he can't FEEL the strings either. So he's playing a song on a violin perfectly going more or less purely on where he REMEMBERS his fingers should go. If he was to put that violin even one fraction nearer or further from his chin (and since one's chin is semi yieldable, that is quite possible, the whole THING would be off. So every single motion has to be EXACTLY the same every time. That's impressive.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
A big city New York lawyer went duck hunting in rural Texas. He shot and dropped a bird, but it fell into a farmer's field on the other side of a fence. As the lawyer climbed over the fence, an elderly farmer drove up on his tractor and asked him what he was doing.
The litigator responded, "I shot a duck and it fell in this field, and now I'm going into retrieve it."
The old farmer replied. "This is my property, and you are not coming over here."
The indignant lawyer said, "I am one of the best trial attorneys in the U.S. and, if you don't let me get that duck, I'll sue you and take everything you own."
The old farmer smiled and said, "Apparently, you don't know how we do things in Texas. We settle small disagreements like this with the Texas Three Kick Rule."
The lawyer asked, "What is the Texas Three Kick Rule?"
The farmer replied, "Well, first I kick you three times and then you kick me three times, and so on, back and forth, until someone gives up."
The attorney quickly thought about the proposed contest and decided that he could easily take the old codger. He agreed to abide by the local custom.
The old farmer slowly climbed down from the tractor and walked up to the city feller. His first kick planted the toe of his heavy work boot into the lawyer's shin and dropped him to his knees. His second kick landed square on the man's nose. The barrister was flat on his belly when the farmer's third kick to a kidney nearly caused him to give up.
The lawyer summoned every bit of his will and managed to get to his feet and said, "Okay, you old coot, now it's my turn!"
The old farmer smiled and said, "Naw, I give up. You can have the duck."

Latest posts