Garden journal 2013...Chicken storm disaster, #74

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Journey, you've probably already repaired your tractor, but I thought I would share this tip about those tensioned cattle panels....
If you have tie-downs you just need to attach them side to side and tighten enough to give you slack to remove and repair your boards. Then you can loosen them once the repaired boards are put back in and secure the cattle panels to the boards again.

When we transport panels home in the back of the truck we keep them together that way and then slowly loosen when we're ready to unload them. Much better than the first time we bought them and the feed store loaded them in our truck with a fork lift, pushed them into an arch and then closed the tailgate to keep them arched. It was scary to try to open the tailgate without them exploding out in your face!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, that's perfect, Thistle...thank you!!! We've not fixed it yet. I've been too forlorn. LOL I went ahead and took the extras off and the tarp, since we'll be done with it for now. I was hoping to cover it in 6 mil plastic and use it for an early spring greenhouse, but we'll see. Got a lot of dents to pound out too.

Latest posts