garden related items for xmas?

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
if you were to give garden related presents to friends/family for Xmas, what would you get them?

the past 2 years i've given my mom a gift card for a green house we frequent. this year she dropped the hint that she still loves that she gets this from me. i have given to my uncle who loves to garden a bunch of seeds a couple years ago. but with him getting older he doesn't want to hassle with starting his own seeds in the house. i'd want to get something he'd use but i don't really know of any greenhouses in his area. i'd still like to get him something useful for his garden. i know he doesn't care for garden gloves, i'm the same way-i like 'em dirty so i know what i'm working with for soil! ;)

has anyone else given garden related gifts to friends & relatives that have gone over well?

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
This is what I'm giving to selected people for Christmas. Not everybody gets everything but most will get 11 or 12 of them.

Jelly.JPG

From bottom right, going left

Peach Jam, Grape Jelly, Mint Jelly, Mimosa Jelly, Blueberry Jam, Pear Jam

Second row, from the right

Sweet Pepper Jam, Apple Jelly, Mixed Fruit Jelly, Strawberry Jam, Margarita Jelly, Mulberry Jelly

On top

Peach Chutney

They are not very cheap but you can order live plants to be delivered ready to plant to your uncle. You can find places that do that by searching online.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
A long time ago a friend gave me one of those pocketed organizers that fit over a 5 gallon bucket. If the bucket has a lid it even serves as a seat.
I used it forever and liked how it kept all my tools and odds and ends handy.

I sent my sister one for her birthday one year, minus the bucket, and included all sorts of fun tools, twine, notebook, lip balm, sunscreen, bandannas etcetera. It was a lot of fun finding goodies to include but probably cost way more than I would have ordinarily spent. Collecting things for months in advance helped make it more affordable.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Ridgerunner , all of those colorful jars look even prettier together. :thumbsup

I usually give something canned as well...jam, gherkin pickles, hot pepper mustard, etc.

One year I did manage to do two painted birdhouse gourds. One with orange cosmos for my mom and another with anemone (the flower) for my DH's grandma.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
How about a gift card to nursery with a good mail-order dept. White Flower Farm is a good one, they have unusual plants, that you willn't see at big box stores.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score