Garden report

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The flower on the cowpea took, and I have a pod. I'll try and take a pick when the pod is a bit riper (to show the white wax color) Though I am a little nervous about lifting the cage to do so (I know for previous experience the chipmunks LOVE those pods, and the plants are short enough they can reach them easily, so part of me is reluctant to break the earth seal between the cage and the ground and make it easy for a chipmunk to dig under)

And my wild soybeans are getting pods. I'll have to watch those like a hawk, since I assume wild soybeans shatter when they are ripe.

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Cowpeas harvested, and I'm a bit disappointed. Neither pod turned white (they were both green) or got all that juicy. I guess that was a maternal mutation that didn't get passed on to those two plants.

Seed wasn't all that good either. One of them may not have ripened all the way (even through the pod was mature) and both are sort of smaller than the parent seed. When and if I can ever get back to Flushing, I think I need to get more black cowpeas from the original source and try again from scratch.

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
With the potential threat of frost in the offing, I have taken the Lima bean pot (along with the luffa pot and mystery mallow) indoors. So (when I get around to it) I may be able to take a picture of the plant at last.

Now all I have to worry about with them is Juniper (who likes to explore the edibility of indoor plants, as well as dig in their soil)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
With the potential threat of frost in the offing, I have taken the Lima bean pot (along with the luffa pot and mystery mallow) indoors. So (when I get around to it) I may be able to take a picture of the plant at last.

Now all I have to worry about with them is Juniper (who likes to explore the edibility of indoor plants, as well as dig in their soil)

kitty fence... :)

Latest posts